For the restoration of the university library and the former Institute for Art History and Archaeology, the Ghent University launched an Open Call procedure of the Flemish Master Builder.
On the basis of a number of criteria, five applicants were nominated for a commission to perform a preliminary inquiry:
• Stéphane Beel architects, Ghen
• Wessel de Jonge architects, Rotterdam, Netherlands
• LIN Gesellschaft von Architecte, Berlin, Germany
• TV Robbrecht en Daem/Van der wee Barbara/ SumProjects/Daidalos Peutz/Bureau d'Etudes Greisch/
VK Engineering, Paul Robbrecht, Ghent
• Driesen Meersman Thomaes architects, Antwerp